View Single Post

Old 05-02-2018, 10:15 PM
US Veteran
Absent Comrade

Liked 5,261 Times in 1,885 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by S&W59 View Post
Why they aren't held onto is the fact they are reliable but otherwise extremely unremarkable firearms.
They aren't "flash" guns nor BBQ guns. Some people buy them because S&W is a brand they've heard of and because they are inexpensive (which is entirely different from "cheap"...I've bought some expensive pistols that were definitely cheap.) Some people buy them because they are reliable, and can be relegated to car duty or knock around duty, and it really doesn't matter if they get a little banged up or worn. And then some people buy them because they really give a lot of value for the price, and can be used in a lot of ways...home defense, loaners to visiting friends and relatives to introduce them to shooting, or just a great carry gun...simple, reliable, the heavy trigger eliminates the worry about a safety, and in non-Communist states, they can hold a great capacity: 16 rounds in 9mm, and 14 rounds in .40 (I think.) I would really like to see a SD45VE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by S&W59 View Post
A Glock is a Glock is a Glock. No one collects Glocks. Tons of people rely on them for self-defense but I'll challenge anyone to cite someone bragging on their collection of tupperware guns.
You must not spend much time on the Glock forum...
The Following 7 Users Like Post: