View Single Post

Old 05-03-2018, 02:14 PM

Liked 594 Times in 290 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by camsdaddy View Post
My only issue with pocket carry is that the butt of the gun seems to shine out of the pocket. I think Im just paranoid. Its a M38 Ive tried the factory grips and the bantham rubber grips. Both I see peeping from my white lined pockets.
Don't know if you ever found a solution to this problem or not. I use factory grips and they hung out a little. I realized I was pointing the gun straight down, but if I push it into my pocket and point the barrel backwards about an inch or two, it put it at a different angle, and the grips stayed well inside. Now with this, you will have the hammer snag and rip the front of your pockets. (by the way, this is with angled pockets like dress pants, not typical jeans pockets). Took me a little while, but I practiced resting my thumb on the hammer as I pull it out and my thumb acts like a hammer shroud and it comes right out. If you have an internal hammer or a shrouded hammer, that shouldn't be an issue. This has worked very very well for me. I could walk in a store and no one would know from looking into my pocket from the side, because this angle of the gun seems to pull the outside edge of my pockets shut as well. I'll include a picture of what I'm talking about. This site seems to rotate my pictures so just know however it comes out, the barrel is supposed to be on the bottom end, so you may have to turn your phone to see it properly. The bottom of the grip should be directly about the end of the barrel to get it how I describe. The top of the gun (which is facing forward) also kind of leans forward and keeps it inside.

Yeah, it rotated it. Turn your phone to the right ro see it right!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20171111_152616.jpg (76.5 KB, 31 views)

Last edited by Etalksalot; 05-03-2018 at 02:16 PM.