View Single Post

Old 05-06-2018, 03:37 PM

Liked 154 Times in 77 Posts

Thanks very much guys, that is very helpful. I have Mikld's websites added to my favorites and will go back through them. The stuff I have read so far sounds like rocket science to me with having to find the perfect mix of alloy, hardness, weight, shape, lube, checks and velocity.

I tried some before from Missouri Bullet Co and they were fine, and tried some coated from Extreme Bullets and they were OK but I drove them real slow and never got comfortable. I have been shooting Berry's Plated and like them but I want to try and spend a little less.

I am loading for a 686 and a 629. I got pin gages and my 686 cylinders are right about .357 as the .357 pin goes through but with resistance. I tried to slug the barrel but must have messed up because the slug only measures .353. The bore will not take a Plus .354 pin gage.

It is very accurate with .357 diameter XTP bullets and Berry .357 diameter bullets so I would assume a .357 cast bullet would be right but I am not sure.

My 629 will just barely take a .428 pin gage in the cylinders. A .427 pin gage will not fit in the bore. It is very accurate with Berry's .429 diameter bullets.

I want to drive them at suitable velocities for Silhouette shooting but I just started that game so I don't know what loads I will end up with.