View Single Post

Old 05-10-2018, 02:26 PM

Liked 705 Times in 351 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKFC05 View Post
They don't lend themselves to mods and not much aftermarket bling is available. . . .The SD9VE is a cheap service pistol that stands up to abuse and use, not a "platform" to constantly "upgrade." And as hoc9sw pointed out, there are more sellers than buyers for basic pistols: around here $150 is top for a used Sigma.
I think this ^^ hits it right on the head. Many gun buyers today want to have a “platform” to upgrade with lights, grips, triggers. The SD9VE is a simple, rugged, reliable pistol. It’s inexpensive, but the quality outweighs the price. There are more expensive pistols, generally European, that are not built as well or, more importantly, as reliable. Yes, the trigger is not a 2# target trigger, but it’s not intended to be and can be mastered with practice.

I tend to think of the SD9VE as a modern autoloader equivalent of the Model 10 revolver. In its day before the wondernine revolution of the late 1980s, the Model 10 was the no frills, inexpensive, reliable, rugged, and accurate handgun. Sometimes you could hardly give a used one away. It’s only recently that Model 10s have jumped in a price.

My other pistols are Sigs, CZs, and 1911s so I’ve had some opportunity to compare to what are considered good autoloader pistols. And, yes, I have some K frames.

Last edited by spad124; 05-10-2018 at 02:38 PM.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: