View Single Post

Old 05-11-2018, 09:59 AM

Liked 144 Times in 79 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breakaway500 View Post
For the life of me..I can't understand WHY not just run a "sale", and take the "rebate" amount OFF right at the register? Is that just too simple??
I've worked with marketing companies. As someone stated earlier, rebates are usually contracted out to a 3rd party. If they run a sale, every item gets discounted. Rebates don't always get paid out. It's a perceived sale price but you have to jump thru hoops and do everything right or you don't get your rebate - Smith keeps the cash. I would bet that less than 50% of the weapons sold with a rebate actually get the rebate. Either someone didn't know about it, didn't care about it, or didn't follow the directions. Also, a lot of times those checks come in looking like junk mail and a lot of folks toss them. So a $50 rebate sounds a lot better than a $20 sale but I'm guessing it's the same dollar-wise to Smith. This is all marketing. It sucked me in on my Shield 9. Took 2.5 months but I did get my $75. $240 for a new Shield 9 with their lifetime warranty (good or bad) is a bargain.