View Single Post

Old 05-11-2018, 10:45 AM

Liked 17,312 Times in 6,653 Posts

LOL! I could bribe you with that pre rail 3953TSW, I suppose.

I thought the "Grip Zone" think was silly, but it's marketing. Interestingly, I didn't find the grip all that "grippy".

I didn't bring a 3rd Gen with me on my trip to Texas, because I wanted two easy to conceal guns that used the same round. I ended up with my 36-1 3" and 642. Still, when I got back, I got my no rail 3913TSW out of the safe and put it on my belt. It sits there now. I did put on one a "flat" slide stop that I purchased from Numrich. It's really not that much flatter, but I like it anyway.

Who know? By the time that Springfield actually has a discount program, another 3rd Gen will probably come up for sale!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTSH View Post
Members of Team 3rd Gen are a reasonable bunch. You're not going to get thrown off the team for peaking into the plastics display and becoming temporarily excited by dirt cheap prices and the attractiveness of a new/old design handgun (i.e., plastic w/hammer)... brand new in box. We don't like to state it too often in public, but many members of the team own at least one modern plastic wonder gun for one reason or another, including yours truly.

But do you really want to own a gun that has to have instructions on the side telling you where to grip it? I could never do that!

So repent brother GaryS, repent! And remember: Whatever you buy in plastic today will be worth next to nuthin' tomorrow! But buying another 3rd Gen today is money in the bank practically forever!