View Single Post

Old 05-14-2018, 03:15 PM

Liked 18 Times in 12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigp220.45 View Post
I just bought an SW40VE for a whopping $125 ($146 with tax and background fee) at a police supply place. It is used, but doesn’t show any wear, and is probably an evidence gun. At that price I couldn’t pass it up.

It had been there a month earlier when I was buying a Jericho 9mm. Then it had a twin and was $175. I knew my shooting buddy was looking for a car gun, so I sent him a picture to see if he was interested. He came back with an emphatic NO, saying they had horrible triggers and that he hated the .40 cartridge. (Why would anyone hate a cartridge?)

This time I gave it a good look over and was impressed. Very Glocky, but with a much better grip. Nice sights and I like the two-tone look. The trigger is not bad.

I think the previous posters are right that many people buy them as starter guns and then move on. I’ll shoot this tomorrow, and I suspect I’ll like it.
As you stated, very Glocky. I'm pretty sure this is the gun that S&W lost a case of patent infringement on to Glock. In the settlement S&W had to pay Glock a small amount per gun produced, something like $9 per gun.