View Single Post

Old 05-15-2018, 11:18 AM
SWCA Member

Liked 7,153 Times in 1,997 Posts
Default REPURPOSED BIANCHI 22 AUTO #89

I've been sitting at home recuperating from major surgery, and there’s not a lot I’m able to do these days. I can’t drive, I’m not allowed to lift anything over ten pounds, I’m basically just stuck here at home. I’m sure a lot of you know the drill.

Anyway, I got a bright idea, I’ll look through my holster box (Everyone has a holster box, right?) and see if I can find anything useful in there! I started looking through the many years of accumulated holsters and came across a Left-Handed Bianchi Gunleather TM 22 AUTO #89 Holster that I remember purchasing some time in the mid nineteen-eighties at one of the Amon Carter Exhibit Hall Gun Shows in Ft. Worth, TX, when I was still living in the Dallas area. I had purchased this holster hoping it would fit a High Standard Trophy 107 Series with 5 ½” Barrel. It didn’t fit, and the Trophy and its Citation brother are both long gone. Back to the holster. The holster still had the original gun show price tag, $20, and if I recall correctly, I ended up paying $15 for it all those years ago. I pulled the holster out of its original package and began looking through my various guns to see if I had anything that would come close to fitting.

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

About two years ago I had purchased a used but like new 50th Anniversary Ruger Standard .22 Automatic Pistol.

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

This turned out to be just about a perfect fit! What a deal, a use for a holster in my holster box! Never give up hope!

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

By the way, the Ruger Standard .22 Automatic Pistol has turned out to be one of my absolute favorite Rugers! It shoots to point of aim, and its not the least bit ammunition sensitive, like so many .22 pistols seem to be!

[IMG][/IMG]

If you’ve made it this far, thank you for reading my post about a beautifully made holster from a truly different era, and a pistol that I’m very happy to have a holster for!
SWCA #3279
The Following 7 Users Like Post: