View Single Post

Old 05-16-2018, 05:58 AM
Banned

Liked 876 Times in 246 Posts

I used to live in Darby, MT. I am familiar with HSM and BVAC. BVAC does not have a great rep around the valley. It is remanufactured ammo and has had more than a few issues. Supposedly they went out on their own after a disagreement working under/with HSM. HSM has had their problems too. One deputy sheriff told he they had TWO Glocks go boom using HSM. I had some 45ACP 230 grain Ball that would NOT chamber in my 1911. They tried it in another 1911 in the display case. NO GO either. Then they tried it in an Springfield XD. Same result. I have also used HSM when I owned my 45-70 Buffalo Classic. It was great ammo. Used Starline brass in both standard trapdoor loads and the +P loads. It was reliable and accurate. I think HSM got there issues straightened out as they were serving many PD depts and had some sort of a small military contract and fell behind in production and lost some quality control. Now I haven't lived in the Bitterroot for 5 years so things may have changed. PS... rimfire is a waste of time and money. JMO and experiences.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: