View Single Post

Old 05-17-2018, 08:41 PM
SWCA Member

Liked 7,118 Times in 1,898 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondo44 View Post
People rather have shooters I guess.
Jim,

Can you please explain what you mean? In my opinion, due to the condition of both, neither are "shooters". Or, perhaps you mean the '52 refinish IS a shooter, as it will forever not be original, albeit refinished by Smith & Wesson. If you are a purist, then this would be the case. But, if a refinish and/or a shooter, it should bring a price more in line with being such. At this time, I believe a Smith & Wesson refinish is bringing about 85% that of original, although I cannot bring myself to pay that. To put this all in perspective, only two years ago I paid in the mid 4's for a Triple Lock Target Model, in similar condition to the subject matter of this thread, or nearly so. Which one would you rather have? Technically, the subject matter of this thread is a refinish, and my Target Model is not, so, in my humble opinion, the subject matter of this thread is inherently less desirable than a 10% condition Triple Lock, as the 10% condition one is not altered from original. For your viewing pleasure is another Target Model I own with non medallion grips with a "been there, done that" look that produces an adrenaline rush every time I pull this out of the safe.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20160918_073402.jpg (82.9 KB, 70 views)
File Type: jpg 20160918_073426.jpg (87.3 KB, 61 views)
The Following 4 Users Like Post: