View Single Post

Old 05-20-2018, 07:08 PM

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

I just bought this pistol and like many other people, mine was hanging up with ejection issues as well. Of course I didn't know about this issue when I bought the gun so it upset me when I took it to the range and I couldn't even use the damn thing. I brought both cheap ammo and good stuff (CCI Mini Mag) already thinking ahead that the gun may not like the cheap stuff. So I tried the cheap stuff first and the fourth round already failed to eject. I tried it again and three rounds later it did it again. So I thought, okay, these guns don't like cheap ammo. So I loaded some CCI Mini Mag ammo and it did the same thing. This pissed me off....

So I came home and I researched the subject and I found this thread. I read through it and a few more. I then watched some YouTube videos with the same problem and suggested cures. I tried what was suggested and thankfully it worked. I ran roughly 200 rounds of cheap ammo today with zero failures. While I think having to tweak a brand new gun is BS, I guess I should be thankful it could've been a lot worse. It was making my stomach churn thinking about having to send my brand new gun to S&W to have my new gun already repaired. S&W should try these damn pistols out before they let them ship from their factory.

Anyway..... I also read the suggestion about the O-ring thing and what size/number to look for at the hardware store. I was able to find a rubber O-ring that fits very nicely on the allen screw holding the gun together. I also added some blue Loctite to the screw. I'm not really sure what the O-ring is supposed to do but I figured I couldn't go wrong with the .39 cents expense of the O-ring.

Here's a picture of the O-ring package in case this might help others.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0976.JPG (74.7 KB, 48 views)