View Single Post

Old 05-21-2018, 11:26 AM
US Veteran

Liked 1,549 Times in 556 Posts

I carry AIWB quite a bit. The old Safariland has seen use since around 1976 and has been restitched a few times. I like the spring steel clip as it is very secure. I've had the DeSantis 106 02 J-frame rig for about a year and have not used it much because of the poor clip design. Even though it is adjustable, the pivot point is not placed properly; it should pivot right at the bottom between the stitching to allow for a proper cant. It also needs to be wet-formed for better retention, as my M438 is wayyy too loose in it. As it is, it is not very comfortable, or safe... which I plan to correct soon.

The black holster is a prototype that I designed and stitched up (wet-formed, boned and dyed) a few weeks ago for multi high-ride OWB carry positions. It has about a 12 degree cant for a comfortable cross-draw and AOWB use. It also carries quite well at 3 and 4 o'clock. It has turned out to be ideal for the J-frame, at least for me. Concealability and access is great while wearing a loose T-shirt and an unbuttoned collared shirt or light jacket. I like this holster so much that I will probably make a few more for myself (with probably a slight modification to the leather profile at the bottom) and am thinking about doing a small run of them for possible sale.

I'll also be working up a few more conceal designs, both IWB and OWB for my Shield, XDs and Firestars. They won't be fancy, but they will be effective designs.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF0001.jpg (155.9 KB, 124 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF0003.jpg (98.3 KB, 127 views)
The Following User Likes This Post: