View Single Post

Old 05-23-2018, 11:29 AM

Liked 5,333 Times in 1,869 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdwhit View Post
Obviously you've never played the "litigation game".

First, if you have a product fail - particularly if it injures you - you NEVER let go of it - no matter what anyone promises you in return.

Second, you engage Counsel familiar with the industry and the manufacturer.

Third, you shut up unless your Counsel tells you to speak.

Fourth, you walk away with a large cash settlement.

Fifth, if you did something stupid like fire a bunch of reloads loaded above the maximum (in the sure "knowledge" that "the lawyers" have made everyone artificially neuter their loads) expect to go home empty-handed - as you should.
The information provided in this post from my perspective is accurate and should be heeded. I owned and operated a video production company for many years and we specialized in legal work. in the course of this work we did several depositions regarding firearms failures, malfunctions, design deficiency's etc. One case that comes to mind involved an AD with a Winchester 1300 shotgun. The expert that was hired was able to definitively demonstrate the the gun could be fired by carrying it with a finger thru the trigger guard. This was due to the way the trigger was formed and this allowed upward pressure to discharge the gun without specifically pulling the trigger. I remember there were injuries involved and apparently the police investigating had seized the weapon. Since the actual weapon involved was available the expert was easily able to demonstrate how an AD could happen. As I remember it; the case was settled out of court and I don't know how much was paid out by Winchester.Oh and BTW: If you own a Winchester 1300/1400 do not carry it with your finger thru the trigger guard!
We also handled at least three cases/lawsuits involving Glocks and ADs. After seeing the results; to this day I don't own and have never owned a Glock pistol.
Jim

Last edited by italiansport; 05-23-2018 at 11:32 AM.
The Following User Likes This Post: