View Single Post

Old 05-23-2018, 03:27 PM

Liked 1,657 Times in 587 Posts

At 20,000 rounds your old Lee turret press was just getting broken in. I had well over that many when I sold mine. There was absolutely nothing wrong with it except it was the older version and I decided I wanted the classic because it had a better method of spent primer disposal. Since then I've loaded close to 20,000 on the new press. Either of those presses is easily capable of producing close to 200 rounds an hour while working at a steady pace. I am now considering one of the new progressive's for the increased speed. I shoot on average between 1000 and 1200 rounds per month every month and being able to cut my reloading time in half would be nice. I'd still keep the turret press though. People who don't use Lee equipment tend to knock it. I suppose if I spent 3 times the money with no appreciable gain I might be inclined to express doubt over Lee quality also. Very few people will willingly admit that they way overspent on their equipment for the sake of a name. I have no doubt that some of the more expensive presses are really pretty nice. But, you load 1000 rounds on your expensive press and I'll load 1000 on mine and we'll see if your ammo is any more fun to shoot because of it. Having used Lee equipment for many years I tend to not pay much attention to the others now.

Last edited by 1sailor; 05-23-2018 at 03:31 PM.
The Following User Likes This Post: