View Single Post

Old 05-26-2018, 09:47 PM

Liked 311 Times in 136 Posts

The only time I open carry is when I am not planning on going into stores, or other businesses. I live in a rural setting and I do open carry to and from the range and work (LEO), hiking, scouting for big game, hunting predators, or other time spent outdoors. I do carry a cover shirt in the vehicle in case I need to go into a gas station, etc. For the most part, open carry in populated areas is not for me. That's a tactical decision.

That said, I have nothing against folks that do open carry in public. I see folks open carrying in Walmart, grocery/drug stores, etc., and it doesn't bother me much, unless they look really shady, which is seldom. One thing I don't like to see is their sidearm in one of those super cheap nylon gun show holsters that look as though the gun could fall out at any time.

I believe that a 12" long fixed blade knife worn on a belt is just ridiculous, unless you are sticking pigs on a regular basis or you are in a combat zone. There is a young guy in my neighborhood that wears two big Bowie knives on his belt while walking his dogs with his wife and their child in a stroller. I just want to tell him he should go buy a gun to protect himself and his family.

Just my .02
The Following 3 Users Like Post: