View Single Post

Old 05-27-2018, 04:36 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Thank you - I feel better...

Quote:
Originally Posted by stantheman86 View Post
I don't concern myself with such things......I wish I had the time to fret about ways to gunsmith my S&W to avoid a line caused by normal operation of the revolver Only a true OCD crank would actually pop off the sideplate and start stoning and filing to try to change the timing of the bolt stop, in other words, make the revolver work in a way other than S&W intended!

It's like asking how can I drive my car without putting any wear on my tires? Should I stop and get out every 2 miles and re-apply a coat of spray on rubber to them?

It is true, my brand NIB 617 had a nice turn line when I bought it, probably from people fooling with it in the store, since this was bought out of the case at Gander Mt. Not much I can do, really don't care since I shoot the heck out of this gun anyway.

I don't have any safe queens or NIB revolvers, all of them are shooters. I think all the things people get way too anal about are things that look good on my revolvers......I love burn rings on the cylinder face,the white circles around the chambers on blued revolvers, a normal turn line. It means the revolver is working fine, is shootable and has been enjoyed

Trying to take extra steps to avoid a turn line in a revolver you shoot is just adding extra worry to life, just shoot them and enjoy, let your great grandkids in 100 years worry about the turn line you put on the revolver while you were alive and enjoying the gun.
Thank you so much for the eye opening insight. Just inherited my Dad's Python, and was "upset" about the turn lines. You made me realize these are the proof of how he loved and shot the gun! Your insight has given me new meaning to the lines - and I now appreciate seeing them!
Thank you,
Fred