View Single Post

Old 05-29-2018, 11:52 AM

Liked 3,447 Times in 937 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by model3sw View Post
A few times over the past 3 years, mostly with older guys new to collecting, going bonkers for Korth and Manurhin.

Looking at them, say in .357 Magnum caliber ... I don't get it. I am so thrilled with a RM or a nice pre 27s, why mess with either of the ugly ducklings when a Model 27 is top of the heap ? (well, to me, anyway).
The only things that you are right with in my case is that I am qualifying as an older guy. I shoot guns since well over 40 years and participated successfully in competitions. Over the last two decades I could build up a collection of classic firearms, with my main focus on Korth Ratzeburg revolvers. My 27-2 and my Python ( which I had to save up for in 1984) do not compare to my worst of my 17 Korth revolvers made in Ratzeburg.

I am used to derogatory comments of keyboard jockeys on the internet that relegate Korth owners to non-shooting collectors but I have too many trophies to be bothered by that - and I shoot all my Korths and most my other guns, including several Swiss P210s and two Hämmerlis. I am probably also a lousy shotgunner and mostly a collector for owning an engraved Merkel SxS.

Good but not outstanding:

A direct comparison

Two .357 Korth Combats

Last edited by Andyd; 05-29-2018 at 11:55 AM.
The Following 16 Users Like Post: