View Single Post

Old 05-29-2018, 08:26 PM
US Veteran

Liked 452 Times in 84 Posts
Default 4" 617 Ashland. Should be elated but....

Been looking for a 4" 617 no dash for a LONG time. Friend called, son-in-law has one in great condition that he wants to sell. I'll take it.....agreed on price, ran to car for the hour and a half drive to pick it up. Haven't been this excited in a LONG time.

Seller proudly hands me his 617. Never seen anything like it, no lug, matt finish and definitely not what I've been looking for. He is so excited about the sale that I couldn't bring myself to tell him I didn't want it. Forked over the cash for the LONG ride home.

Got home and started trying to figure out what I just bought. 4" stamped Mod. 617, serial number BHP73XX, matt finish and combat stocks. Found a few threads....one of two hundred, Ashland, 1991 special run, holy grail of K22's etc.... Called seller back and told him this was a collectable gun and if he put it up for auction could get considerably more for it than what I just paid him. "Nope, I'm happy with sale and don't want to bother with auction".

Soooo....did I score the Holy Grail as some have called it?? Excited but at the same time the whole search was for a twin of my 4" 686 which this definitely is not. The search continues, 4" 617 no dash LNIB. I know there's one out there.....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2218.jpg (113.2 KB, 570 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2219.jpg (104.6 KB, 434 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2220.jpg (176.5 KB, 408 views)
The Following 21 Users Like Post: