View Single Post

Old 05-29-2018, 10:51 PM
US Veteran

Liked 3,996 Times in 1,627 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerryatric3 View Post
Been looking for a 4" 617 no dash for a LONG time. Friend called, son-in-law has one in great condition that he wants to sell. I'll take it.....agreed on price, ran to car for the hour and a half drive to pick it up. Haven't been this excited in a LONG time.

Seller proudly hands me his 617. Never seen anything like it, no lug, matt finish and definitely not what I've been looking for. He is so excited about the sale that I couldn't bring myself to tell him I didn't want it. Forked over the cash for the LONG ride home.

Got home and started trying to figure out what I just bought. 4" stamped Mod. 617, serial number BHP73XX, matt finish and combat stocks. Found a few threads....one of two hundred, Ashland, 1991 special run, holy grail of K22's etc.... Called seller back and told him this was a collectable gun and if he put it up for auction could get considerably more for it than what I just paid him. "Nope, I'm happy with sale and don't want to bother with auction".

Soooo....did I score the Holy Grail as some have called it?? Excited but at the same time the whole search was for a twin of my 4" 686 which this definitely is not. The search continues, 4" 617 no dash LNIB. I know there's one out there.....
I WOULD NOT BE HAPPY EITHER ! ! !

YOU RE NEVER GOING TO FALL IN LOVE WITH THIS M617. IF IT IS SUCH A HOT ITEM, CLEAN IT UP, TAKE SOME GOOD PICS, AND POST IT ON GUN BROKER.....

START IT OFF AT A BID EQUAL TO WHAT YOU PAID FOR IT, PLUS $35. FOR SHIPPING. ADVERTISE THE GUN WITH "FREE SHIPPING", TO SWEETEN THE DEAL.....

JUST ONE BIDDER, AND YOU HAVE YOUR MONEY BACK. THEN YOU CAN RESUME YOUR HUNT FOR THE M617 THAT YOU REALLY WANT.....