View Single Post

Old 05-30-2018, 10:29 AM

Liked 1,503 Times in 403 Posts
Default The Dangers Of Intervention

"Fools rush in where angels fear to tread."
Alexander Pope

A CCW Permit is not a badge. The legal and lawful purpose of "civilian self-defense" is to "create distance and escape". If you decide to go beyond that you may find yourself stepping out from underneath the umbrella of protection that "civilian self-defense" laws provide. In that situation you need to be very selective, very careful, and think very hard before you act.

Evan Marshall's brief commentary, link below, is pertinent to this topic.

"I spent 20 years going in harms way for total strangers. Would I do that today? Probably not. Sound callous? Well, would you be willing to jeopardize everything you own and your family’s security for a total stranger? Would you be willing to lose your home, your cars, and your retirement to play Knight of the Round Table?

Even if the situation is exactly as it appears and you’re even in accordance with the law, you need to understand one simple fact-the law is what the local prosecutor says it is. Do you really want to spend 7 years in jail waiting for an appeal to be heard and your conviction overturned?

I carry a gun to protect myself and the people I love from the Monsters that roam the earth. When I’m away from those that mean everything to me, I carry so I can return to them. Are there circumstances where I would intervene to help a stranger? Yes, but such intervention would be on my terms at my pace. I am not going to jump into a situation with gun drawn."
Evan Marshall

Read Full Commentary: The Dangers Of Intervention
Commentary by Evan Marshall

Last edited by Scorpion520AZ; 05-30-2018 at 10:58 AM.
The Following 12 Users Like Post: