View Single Post

Old 05-30-2018, 02:32 PM

Liked 19,903 Times in 8,800 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISCS Yoda View Post
Without knowing the precise facts but just going by what I read here ...................

Suppose you're in Texas, as I am, and you can legally carry a concealed weapon in your motor vehicle without any kind of permit. If you see a guy shooting through windows don't you think that automatically justifies your reaching for your car gun to neutralize the threat?

No copyright.

The sections referenced above Section 9.33 are, of course, the statutory self defense provisions in the Penal Code.

Just FYI - nobody says you have to but if you feel like there is an immediate need to act you are justified.
I would answer NO!......... call 911? yes......... move to safety? Yes

Shoot some guy...... in the back? NO!

See there's the rub in these situations....... you're "driving by in your car"....you see guy is shooting into ''windows"....you could be just witnessing "vandalism" or destruction of his own property ...... stupid? yes but that's generally not a serious crime either.

You can't just "feel"......you need a 'reasonable belief......" your facts "as stated" don't rise to that level IMHO.......especially if you shoot him in the back!

Last edited by BAM-BAM; 05-30-2018 at 02:33 PM.