View Single Post

Old 05-30-2018, 05:52 PM
SWCA Member

Liked 3,729 Times in 1,320 Posts

0000 steel wool with oil on the exterior. We would need better pictures of the barrel and cylinder to comment further and disassembly on the internals. You could probably bring it back but even with a lot of time and elbow grease my guess is a $ 100.00. Although if you get it functioning decently, it would be OK as a cabin gun.

I somewhat sympathize with your situation. My grandfather on my dad's side had a farm and guns were just tools. He left Parker shotguns in the barn, one revolver, one semi-auto and he just used them on the farm. Put them in the corner when he was done and there they sat for years.

My dad, after marrying mom and graduating college, cleaned out his barn. Most went to the junk pile except for a damascus double barrel shot gun that was given to the first immigrant to come here in the 1870s. Dad cleaned off the rust and it wasn't until 2008 that I got the gun in condition to fire again. It is an heirloom and will not be fired but it could be with very low pressure rounds.