View Single Post

Old 05-30-2018, 07:07 PM

Liked 365 Times in 133 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredj338 View Post
Devil's advocate: You hear shot fired, no idea what it is about. You are in civis, man runs out of the bldg, carrying a gun & you challenge him to stop. He attempts to defend himself & you shoot & kill him.
The man had just defended himself against two armed robbers inside & has come outside to wait for police & still carrying his gun. Another guy points a gun at him & he feels the threat is still there. You can see what I mean by you rarely know 100% of the time what you see is what is happening, especially if you are not a direct victim of the attack. CCW, no uni or even badge as good guy ID, you run the risk of being a target or shooting an innocent....

That is exactly why I have decided, that as SOON as stop a threat, in one area and go to another area( outside or inside) I will immediately re-holster. I practice drawing and presenting my weapon extensively, if needed.

The fact is, there's ALOT more cases of folks getting shot, by police, like that very way. Btw, you make a good argument to get a CCW badge....lol Cops are trained to not shoot badges and NO, that is NOT impersonating a cop, that is making sure you, as a CCW and good guy, don't get mistaken for a BG and get shot by the "good guys".