View Single Post

Old 06-01-2018, 12:12 PM

Liked 17,102 Times in 6,271 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canyon Man View Post
I see silver contributor under your name. Is this how you got so many posts in...trolling ? Tell me in what way your post helps me. I also see you live in California. Strike two.
Interesting. Because I live in CA you hate me? I made no comment about you and yet you seem to be taking it personally. I'm sorry for that. No, I don't troll threads. My comment was simply on something I've noticed a lot.

Many have answered your question, but let me add some things that have not been mentioned:

The sights don't need to be in the exact center of the gun. There are many factors determining where the bullet will go. Because the barrel is not fixed to the slide, the sights are not going to be perfectly aligned just because they are in the center. Sure, if they are aligned with the side of the slide, they're probably off. Putting them in the middle of the slide isn't bad, but it won't ensure the bullets go to the middle of the target.

Did you shoot from a rest? The answer to this question is usually no. If you didn't, and we already know you didn't have anyone else shoot the gun, you can't be sure it's the gun. Shooting from a rest greatly reduces any error from the shooter. There are three sources of error when shooting a gun; the gun, the ammo and the shooter. People don't like to hear this, but the biggest source of error is the shooter. So, shooting from a rest helps determine if it's the shooter or the gun/ammo.

If it were the ammo, the groups would likely be all over the place rather than just to the left.

The most common complaint with any handgun, is shooting low and to the left. The most common cause is a right hand shooter pushing the gun to the left as they shoot. The most commonly heard response to shooting low left is, "My sights are off." This is not a comment on your character, it's simple statement of fact.

The most common response to, "It may be you and not the gun" is, "I've got lots of guns and shoot all of them perfectly." That may be true, but all guns are different. Like it or not, the M&P line has bad to mediocre triggers from the factory. They have a ton of over-travel. This over-travel will exacerbate any shooter induced error. In other words, if you're shooting your Glock 1/2" to the left at 10 yards, you'll likely shoot an M&P 2" or 3" left at 10 yards. This is due to the nature of the trigger.