View Single Post

Old 06-04-2018, 04:17 PM

Liked 3,502 Times in 1,488 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by angryelf22 View Post
I dont think he is advocating it as a training regimen, meaning the end goal is to shoot with your pinky sticking out. Its a technique to over-emphasize how the grip should feel in your hand, and to take one piece out of the equation as you try and troubleshoot the issue. If it works, then you learn how the grip should feel and when you place your pinky back down on the grip in a fundamentally sound position, you will be even more aware of what it is doing (or not doing) when you shoot.

I do the same thing with my shooting hand thumb...sometimes I feel like I pinch the pistol with my thumb too much, and this affects how the front sight moves vertically after breaking the shot (more side to side movement than tracking straight up and down). I stick the thumb way out away from the slide to over-emphasize NOT pinching the thumb, and then I gradually let my thumb fall back to where it normally sits as I find my front sight start to track correctly.
IMHO, grip is way down on the list of learning how to accurately shoot a handgun.