Thread: Old School CCW
View Single Post

Old 06-09-2018, 09:27 AM
Absent Comrade

Liked 52 Times in 10 Posts
Smile Old School CCW

I have 30 handguns in my collection. They range from 22 lr up to 45 Colt and 45 acp. Some of my favorites are my Bond Arms Derringers and my NAA mini revolvers in 22 magnum. But one of my favorite carry options is my S&W Walther PPK/S in 32 acp! Yep...it’s an anemic cartridge with few fans...but the weapon is a heavy chunk of stainless steel that I can dot an i with easily. And as a retired LEO with 36 years of service in both uniform and plainclothes assignments, I can tell you unequivocally, that living through an SD situation is mostly about shot placement! There are no magic, one shot stop handgun calibers. A 45 will not blow the bad guys arm or leg off! Only in Hollywood! So training and familiarity with your firearm of choice is all important. I just won’t get into the caliber wars, because it is mostly debated by those who have never been there! After being a participant in an actual firefight, and spending some quality time at the County Morgue...hopefully as an observer...then one can debate the merits of a particular caliber. Till then..its just conjecture.
So..I like my Walther PPK/S 32, and feel well served by it! An excellent and historic firearm!
So....let the flames begin!
Unkei
The Following 28 Users Like Post: