View Single Post

Old 06-14-2018, 07:10 AM

Liked 28,135 Times in 8,918 Posts

I didn't miss it at all. "Letter of Authenticity" is not a term of art, and people are attempting to treat it as such . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by model3sw View Post
Is a Letter of Authenticity is really a "Letter of Authenticity" as the title implies ?

To me, this implies the gun described in the letter has been verified as "authentic" when it has NOT been examined nor verified.
You're trying to force your definition of the phrase on everyone else, including sellers who don't know you from anything. That's why the law uses the phrase "term of art," so as to standardize these things. You know what the letter is, and if a seller advertises a Smith and Wesson letter, you know what it will and won't show. Arguing with a seller that his/her S&W letter is or isn't a "Letter of Authenticity" by your standard is akin to beating your head against the wall. Seller's gonna say it is, you're gonna say it ain't. And there's the end of it . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by model3sw View Post
You missed it, all together. The content of the letter is undisputed but it does not authenticate the item, just states what the old records show.

Doesn't it do something to you when someone misrepresents something for sale ? Usually, you, I and another guy won't get caught but some poor son of a sailor, will.

If you were about to plop down some serious cash for a USAF M13, based solely on (and accepting) a Letter of Authenticity to truly be what is is named, you'd think differently.

Wisdom comes from experience and education. Fear is not an option.

Last edited by Muss Muggins; 06-14-2018 at 07:17 AM.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: