View Single Post

Old 06-14-2018, 01:10 PM

Liked 493 Times in 179 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kernel Crittenden View Post
Using the proper sandpaper and sanding techniques you could remove the laser engraving and the previous owner's name quit easily. Have the gun looking just like any other M617-2 when it left the factory. Just stay away from the cylinder. (I'd separated the cylinder from the gun when working on it). All it would take is a $8 investment in a 3M wet/dry sandpaper variety pack from any auto parts store, and maybe 3 to 4 hours of your time.
The Kernal has a great idea. I've refinished several stainless models that had poor finishes. Several I continued to polish completely to a bright finish. And several I've restored to a very, very, close to original finish. As you might know, SW stainless finishes vary quit a bit... It does take time and you want to be very careful not to round any edges when disassembled, especially on the side plate, where you would be focusing on.
There's a local laser engraver where I live here in Nor CA., that has done engraving for me restoring that original or adding some custom work. Some beautiful work restoring SW factory looking emblems and lettering at a great price.
The Following User Likes This Post: