View Single Post

Old 06-15-2018, 09:21 AM

Liked 2,249 Times in 1,032 Posts

I don't see any practical benefit to going with 9mm over .38 special +p in a snub revolver. There's a lot more options available in .38, plus you don't run into the issues with crimp-jump and moon-clips like you do when using an autoloader round in a wheelgun. And I personally find the Ruger LCR trigger to be horrible. It was very easy for me to short-stroke it in rapid fire and I've seen others mentioning having the same complaints about it. Lighter doesn't equal better. And using 1 or 2 isolated cases to justify a particular choice isn't logical since there is no limit to it. There have been incidents where a Glock 17 wouldn't have held enough ammunition. In the case with the two women in the liquor store, it's just one case and there were countless mistakes made. I'm not them in that situation and never will be. You have to consider what is most likely to occur in your particular set of circumstances and and go from there basing your weapon choices and training on being the best prepared for the most probable scenarios. No matter what you choose, there will be compromises and trade-offs.
The Following User Likes This Post: