View Single Post

Old 06-19-2018, 12:02 PM

Liked 29,399 Times in 10,935 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TX-Dennis View Post
I have an LC9s, the slightly more expensive version of the EC9. It's very reliable and very concealable. The trigger is among the best striker fired pistols available. It is, however, not fun to shoot. The grip is extremely narrow, and for that reason it is painful for me to shoot the pistol. I have heard from several others that have had similar experiences.

You may or may not find it painful to fire. We all have different hand sizes and shapes as well as different pain tolerances. I put a Hogue handall grip on mine in the hopes of making it more comfortable to shoot. It still causes me pain to shoot it. No other 9mm is painful for me to shoot. Only the little Ruger.

You may find it an acceptable tradeoff - a pistol that conceals easily, but is painful to shoot. At times I have as well. Really the only way to find out is to shoot one. I've thought about selling mine, but they are so cheap now that used ones aren't worth much at all. So I guess I'll keep it - at least for now.
Regrettably, I must concur with everything Dennis has said. I too tried a Hogue handall and it helped with 115gr ammo, but 147gr was still nasty. I might try some of that lightweight hypervelocity ammo in the gun to see if that helps. If it doesn't, the LC9s will be replaced by a Kahr CW9 which is MUCH more comfortable to shoot.