View Single Post

Old 06-19-2018, 05:29 PM

Liked 18 Times in 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lscocoa View Post
I have several S&W’s some scoped or red dotted and most iron sighted. Everyone that is straight iron sight is moved to the right, some a little and some even more so. I think your barrel looks fine , it could be your grip or the stocks . One thing I noticed on new S&W’s like my 48-7 k-frame is that the target grips are narrower than my 17-3 which I feel changes your grip possibly changing point of impact . Another example is my shooting bud has larger paws than I and he usually tells me to sight my guns in because they’re off for him. Just my input and I like red dots too.
I do not think it could be my grip or the stocks. I have several other guns with factory set sights and they are perfectly accurate as is. I tried four different grips on this one and the results are the same using the rest or offhand. Something is a bit off mechanically wise but I am happy to know that it is not unusual so I can just live with it.

Does anyone know if a brand new factory boxed Mod 17 has been sighted in by the company? In other words if you get a brand new gun for instance, will it be accurate with the sights already? I read that all new K22s have rear sights in the center from the factory but don't know if this is true or not.

Thanks again. Love this forum. Tons of useful information to learn.