View Single Post

Old 06-20-2018, 03:57 PM

Liked 18 Times in 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by model3sw View Post
The grouping you presented either means it was a machine rest or you're sharper than Wild Bill but let me ask anway ... You did mean a machine rest like a Ransom Rest, correct ?
Not really a machine rest or vice. I don't actually have one yet and should get one maybe some day.

I just used a regular tripod rest which I use for shooting both rifles and pistols on the range and on the backyard. I was taking a few seconds of break between each shot in single action mode at 25 yards which is maximum for pistol range here. The trigger release on this revolver is super light and smooth. Wearing my prescription glasses it grouped all 6 shots into a hole that could be covered by a quarter. It was at 2 o'clock off center because the gun was not sighted-in yet but all the shots landed in one ragged hole. I was impressed myself with its accuracy and should have taken a picture to prove it maybe. Next time I definitely will. Great gun indeed. My 17-9 is accurate too with the red dot installed but not as much as this older one.
When target shooting at 25 yards or more with the handgun, I try to use larger circled targets, they are easier to aim in the center from longer distances.

Last edited by lucidreamer; 06-20-2018 at 04:14 PM.
The Following User Likes This Post: