View Single Post

Old 06-23-2018, 10:44 AM

Liked 22 Times in 12 Posts
Default Help Setting up 1st AR for Home Defense Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
I assume that with the lights left on, lighting is still dimmer than normal. There will still shadowed corners and patches an intruder could hide in. Having a weapon light would let you better search them from a safe position.

An intruder could turn the lights off or kill the power to the house. Or, power grid could be interrupted by a storm or accident. Lights kept on all the time burn out their bulbs quicker. Having a weapon light means you still have light to see by. A weapon light is under your direct control. You decide when to use it and where to shine it. Having a weapon light (in addition to the lights left on in the house) is to your advantage.

Great points.

And an intruder will come when you least expect them to. Someone broke into my house 6 years ago on Thanksgiving night at 9 PM. I was not home, but my fiancé was. I call her Superwoman now. It’s a long story and she didn’t get hurt, thank the Good Lord above. She’s a brave woman.

However you set up your home defense strategy, it’s a good thing to at least have one. You never know. I’m more prepared now than I ever have been. I still need to practice more. That’s my sermon for today.

Last edited by ARVOL; 06-23-2018 at 10:50 AM.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: