View Single Post

Old 06-23-2018, 07:28 PM

Liked 3,172 Times in 573 Posts

Wanted to show you how my system has been set up for the last 5 years.... never gotten sick

1. Downspout from my 30’x40’ roof, which I believe yields 700 gallons of water for every inch of rain.
2. Once the first flush system (red) is closed off, the 4” PVC will fill, and water will then start to divert to the Cistern.
3. Tank fittings are used to access the tank. They come in all sizes and using pvc adapters, you can make any kind of connection you need.
4. This fitting is where I pull the water out of the cistern. On the inside of the fitting, I have attached this filter, which pulls the most oxygenated water from the top: Stainless Steel Floating Filter, 1' Coarse Screen without NRV - Rainwater Collection and Stormwater Management. On the outside, I convert to PEX (simple and does not break)
5. I did have an issue with the fitting breaking when it froze and have since added heat tape to my insulation, which worked great this year.
6. Enter into the garage.

7. Piped into garage
8. PEX connected to Grundfos pump: Grundfos MQ 3-45 1 HP Pressure Boosting Pump - Rainwater Collection and Stormwater Management
9. Enters into two filters and one ultraviolet chamber and ready for use.

10. Let’s go make some coffee!
The Following 6 Users Like Post: