View Single Post

Old 06-25-2018, 07:58 AM

Liked 2,220 Times in 1,031 Posts

No expert here at all but just thinking out loud as I am a little experianced with 32 S&W target loads but have absolutely no experiance with S&W SS barrels just trying to keep up .So the 32 SS barel in question has been possibly modified at some point ? If that be the case is it possible that the modification was made to chamber a 32 S&W long wad cutter round ? Like I said just wondering as target shooters are and in general have been an exacting bunch and I could see if a fellow had the resources and ability where he might have a barel chambered in an exact dimension for an exact load that is his personal favorite and most accurate load .My advice or what I would do as a hand loader would be carefully and slowly trim a 32 S&W long case to exact measurement of chamber maybe just a slight tight fit then load and crimp in a wadcutter at exactly my favorite crimp ( of course no primer or powder for experimentation) and after a couple or three tries probabaly get it right if and this is the big if it was a custom chambered barel made by or for an exacting precision shooter for his or her pet load. Likei said thinking out loud probabaly showing lots of ignorance so dont laugh just feel sorry for me .
The Following 2 Users Like Post: