View Single Post

Old 06-26-2018, 11:30 PM
SWCA Member
Absent Comrade

Liked 4,671 Times in 1,606 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troystat View Post
Could the crack in the bushing of Shotgunners 52-2 be welded and then refitted? Model3SW thanks for showing us your Giles 38 special 1911. Out here on the West Coast Bob Chow used to make 1911 38 specials and he often used the Colt "Kit gun" barrels. One of Bobs apprentices has a stash of those barrels and has made some 38 special 1911's and they are really neat.
Troystat, I've never had my hands on a Chow but heard only good things about his work. Was it Chow that got his experience working for Clark ? I caught an article somewhere on Chow, years ago, he started learning on beat up ex-service 1911s to accurize. Some of those 1911s shown (early ones) were the ugliest ... mix and match part 1911s I've seen but his accurizing techniques were AMAZING.

One of the observations I had intended to impress is that the S&W Model 52 is such an outstanding, precise, work of art and craftsmanship, that it is still coveted by shooters and collectors alike, many years after the commercial production ceased.

I have yet to find mention, anywhere, about a Model 52 reworked by a respected accurizer-gunsmith. This is likely because there is nothing that needs to be done to improve a Model 52 because it is already there.

I believe the S&W Model 52 is either "the" most accurate or "one of" the most accurate S&W firearms ... OUT OF THE BOX, with no add-ons, improvements, hooo-hah or bling.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: