View Single Post

Old 06-27-2018, 10:40 AM
US Veteran

Liked 3,823 Times in 2,040 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodoboy View Post

This is why, in my humble opinion, a shotgun is much better for home defense for the typical person , I am now researching what ammo for a 12 gauge mossberg 18 will not penetrate multiple walls if I miss from about 5-8 yards. So far my, I see 7.5 birdshot will work. I need to see now if #4 buckshot will travel through multiple walls.

In other words, if someone ask me what to use for home defense, from my current knowledge and simplicity, use a shotgun. What ammo with shotgun, depends on your living arrangement and how many walls if you miss. Get birdshot ammo.
Problem is, if you follow your own advice, your humble opinion is likely to get you killed... and your current knowledge is at a very low level.

Anything that is going to penetrate deep enough to hit vitals is going to go through sheetrock... and multiple pieces. You have to hit vitals to stop a threat.

Watch this video and tell me that a shotgun with birdshot is a good idea... You can fast forward to about the 1:10 mark to see the part that is applicable.

The Following User Likes This Post: