View Single Post

Old 06-27-2018, 02:43 PM
US Veteran

Liked 3,823 Times in 2,040 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybermgk View Post
First, this video is AFTER the gunman had just killed another student just outside that building, of which that 1 shot also injured a 2nd student.

There is somethin not right with that video. I see NO discharge from the shotgun, no visible recoil from the shot. There WILL be some recoil, some visible opposite and ewual reaction to his shoulder et al. But, there was none visible.

You really don't see the girl react at all. Even if just a low penetration hit, it is going to sting more than a paintball on unpadded body would. And trust me, you get a paintball on your chest, at that range and you will visibly react.

I'll be honest, I don't think he fired a damn thing at that girl. I suspect he fired both rounds of that over/under, or just one and had a misfire inside.

Because tests show birdshot at home distances, 10 ft or so to be quite damaging on tissue. Remember, the spread at 10 ft is 2-1/2 to 3" of lead.

In this video, it's quite devastating through 4 layers of denim, pork ribs, pork shoulder and even 1 layer of drywall behind it. Also shows going through 2 layers of drywall and then 7" of ballistics gel from 10 ft away.
He did shoot the girl in the building, and she was able to run away. See the timeline in this link. king5.com | Timeline: Seattle Pacific University shooting

The timeline also states that the student who was killed was shot in the back of the head at close range... I'm willing to bet that back of the head is really more the base of the skull / neck area where the shot wouldn't require as much penetration to hit the spinal cord, effectively cutting the brain off from the rest of the body.

In the video, yes the shot penetrated the sheet rock and went 5 to 7 inches in the gelatin, depending upon load... but FBI testing states that 12" of penetration is required for reliable hits to the vitals. Bird shot from across the room does not get that penetration. If I am going to shoot, I want the threat to stop. The video I posted shows that the girl who was shot could have reacted, had she been armed.
The Following User Likes This Post: