View Single Post

Old 06-28-2018, 08:26 AM

Liked 153 Times in 53 Posts
Default "Nano" Technology

I'll put in my two cents on this subject as an old guy.

I have now gone with a new "Nano" technology product called "archoil AR4400 LP hexagonal boron nitride (h-BN)" the nano technology is also been called Cerflon. I like it because it's between an oil and a grease being sort of a "cream". This product is almost exactly the same, containing Cerflon, as a lubricant that Smith & Wesson marketed and sometimes provided with new guns a number of years ago. (I found that the manufacturer they had contracted decided it was not profitable for them to continue its manufacture for S&W). There is also a thinner product available called archoil 4200 that is a CLP that I sometimes use for cleaning and bore coating. The "Nano" beads of these products work their way into the pores of the metal and provide a continual lubricated surface. Using the AR 4200 product as a final bore cleaner (then removing the residue) has reduced leading on weapons I shoot lead bullets in.

The product is expensive and not marketed widely but can be found online at "dieselops.com".

Also, DON'T ever use WD-40 or anything like it. I learned this from experience having used it and had many problems with it gumming up after storing a weapon for any length of time.

peh_7
The Following User Likes This Post: