View Single Post

Old 06-28-2018, 10:41 AM

Liked 14 Times in 4 Posts
Default Looks like LPA to me

Thanks for the pictures colt_saa! I knew it looked LPA-like but there is no branding on the Sarsilmaz version. Your sights certainly look identical to the SR38 down to screws and adjustment tics. This opens up some nice possibilities for the rear sight choices if any LPA rear designed for Smith & Wesson K/L/N revolvers will fit the Sarsilmaz.

The front sight blade is another matter. It is a front loaded very small dovetail, and sorry I don't have a dead on front picture to share. (I try not to point my firearms at my face, but I will post a "safe" camera shot soon). In the photo you can barely see the sight blade itself slides in from the front and the dovetail slot runs to just beyond the pin that holds it in place. Someone may be able to give me another example of this from another firearm.

Muley_Gil: The average pricing for SR38's were hovering around $420.00 street for the 4" black finished version late last year, but supplies seemed to have dried up lately. I haven't seen any stainless models for sale, but Sarsilmaz did show them at the 2018 SHOT show and TR Imports indicates some in stock. If you can't wait, TR Imports is where to go for availability and latest prices at $480-550.00, but it may be worth waiting for a reseller to discount them. I paid just under $400 for mine in a Classic Firearms sale at first of this year. But checking today, CF shows out of stock and no listings on Gunbroker.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3800.jpg (32.9 KB, 47 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3795.jpg (54.7 KB, 54 views)

Last edited by jswhitcr; 06-28-2018 at 10:47 AM.