View Single Post

Old 06-28-2018, 05:51 PM

Liked 7,419 Times in 2,518 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AimHigher View Post
IMO, the .380 is much better than nothing, but you could do better. It's not just the round, it the shot placement and your ability to hit you target under stress. I had a .380 semi-auto for a few years, but the more I learned (and saw), the less confidence I had in the .380 as an effective EDC. If my opponent has a gun and is trying to kill me, I don't want a .380. I want a heavy bullet at least 158 gr and preferably 180-230 gr. Consider either a .38 special +P or a compact .45 ACP. The bigger the hole (wound cavity), the more bleeding and the faster the target is incapacitated.
I appreciate your suggestions and concern, but for the time being, I'm satisfied with my current EDC. Perhaps someday I'll replace it with something more potent like .357, .40, or .45, but for right now I'll stick with .380 ACP.
If I want comparable performance to .38 Special +P, then I could buy some of the so-called .380 ACP +Ps by Buffalo Bore/Cor-Bon which boosts the performance to be more in line with .38 Special +P/9x18 Makarov. (Which are safe to fire from a PPK/S since the thing is built like a tank.)
The Following User Likes This Post: