View Single Post

Old 06-28-2018, 10:08 PM

Liked 3,247 Times in 1,007 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rastoff View Post
There is no dead horse here. We can't talk too much about self-defense and various techniques for same. The more we talk, the more scenarios we dream up, the better prepared we are for the unknown.
OK, so here’s a specific example where I get frustrated with this. If I go to a “self defense” school and want to work on back work, they want to work on a reversal out from under a mount. That may work well for a 20 year old in a fist fight, not for a 60+ year old fighting for their life. But not because of the physical part lf it.

If a teen age thug is on top of a 60 year old or older person, pummeling them, that’s a deadly force attack. Deadly because of the danger from the pummeling, but also deadly because the BG likely has a second getting ready to kick you in the head. If I’m on the ground, on my back, in a deadly force attack, I don’t want to do a reversal. I want to draw and fire my pistol from from that bottom position. Not many self defense dojo’s practicing that. At least around here.