View Single Post

Old 06-29-2018, 01:53 AM

Liked 640 Times in 368 Posts

Quote:
I buy quality gear, so my flashlights are made by Surefire, Malkoff, Elzetta, or Streamlight. Any of these will serve you well.
I don't think a person has to spend big money on a flashlight. The cheaper models work just as well. They aren't highly technical electronic devices like a red dot sight is. There are some electronics in most modern lights but I've had nothing but good luck with $20 lights with CREE 2 bulbs and a modern battery. They are VERY bright and unless you plan on spending a lot of time in a jungle they are likely to be as effective as any light you can mount. I have expensive lights. They have more features but they aren't for mounting on a rifle. They are headlights that are used for working when various levels of light are a must.

Also I don't think a vertical grip is "garbage" at all. Anything that gives me added stability in how I hold a rifle is an asset IMO. Holding onto a hand guard can mean a lot of heat really fast. I have a rifle with a wood hand guard and I've seen smoke roll from that and it only took a couple of mags (30 round mags) to get it very hot. Something that keeps my hand away from that is definitely a plus. I've been shooting high capacity guns for well over 30 years. They all get hot when you shoot them enough. Too hot to handle.