View Single Post

Old 06-29-2018, 03:24 PM

Liked 178 Times in 54 Posts

A $20 flashlight should not be placed on a home defense weapon. They are made in China, the electronics are not robust, the switches are not robust, they are not designed to handle repetitive recoil etc. If your poor and you have to make do, then by all means. If you can afford a $600-$1000 AR15, I would argue that you could afford a $60-$100 flashlight. A $100 Streamlight is a one time purchase. You can use the light for the rest of your life, and it will serve you fine. So don't cheap out. Is your life worth $50?

Quote:
Originally Posted by C J View Post
Also I don't think a vertical grip is "garbage" at all. Anything that gives me added stability in how I hold a rifle is an asset IMO. Holding onto a hand guard can mean a lot of heat really fast. I have a rifle with a wood hand guard and I've seen smoke roll from that and it only took a couple of mags (30 round mags) to get it very hot. Something that keeps my hand away from that is definitely a plus. I've been shooting high capacity guns for well over 30 years. They all get hot when you shoot them enough. Too hot to handle.
A home defense firearm use is going to be 1-3 shots fired. How hot are those handguards going to be? Vertical grips are just more weight and something else to get snagged, in my personal opinion. I don't care for them. If you like a vertical grip, then use one.