View Single Post

Old 07-03-2018, 02:28 PM

Liked 2,202 Times in 883 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpion520AZ View Post
My only benchmark concern has always been the "reliability" of the "man". If he who carries it is "reliable", I've no doubt his kit is "reliable".
And this pretty much sums it up for me! You take the time to get to know your weapon inside and out; you maintain and train with it and use quality ammo. If I had to estimate how many rounds I've slung down range since I've been shooting... I started at 20year old and I'm 40 now... I'd comfortably say I've pulled a trigger 50 to 60 thousand times in various platforms... 1911's, Glocks, M&P's, CZ's, Smith & Colt revolvers of various calibers. In all that time and rounds shot I can count also comfortably say I've experienced maybe a couple dozen failures. That is a hell of a track record if you ask me. And half of those failures were due to quality branded factory ammo that simply had a round or two out of spec, i.e. a case length that was a half a millimeter too long, a primer that popped it's pocket, the bullet's OAL too long/short, etc... The other's I remember were worn/over stressed and fatigued magazine springs... 1911's, albeit my absolute favorite semi-auto's suffer the most from spring fatigue in my experience. I put my revo's and semi-auto's to be on par in reliability and bet my life on them almost every day. I work in Real Estate and my downtown Atlanta office is two blocks away from the CNN Center... not a very savory side of the city. Common sense and putting 300-400 trouble free rounds down the pipe of a semi-auto before CCW-ing it is a must. 200 of the same with any quality revo is a must too. YMMV...

ETA: The above round count and failure count excludes any and all .22Rimfire cartridges of course... I was strictly talking about centerfire cartridges!

Last edited by HamHands; 07-03-2018 at 02:38 PM.