View Single Post

Old 07-08-2018, 08:53 PM
SWCA Member

Liked 6,095 Times in 1,249 Posts

Yeah and DWalt, the 1978 Python would be gone long before I'd entertain selling the 1954 3 5 7. What's more is that my Python, which is a garden variety representation of the breed with a typical factory original action, would have to get up pretty early in the morning to whip the fine-feeling actions as exhibited on the 1925 vintage Army Special .41, the 1953 Official Police, or the 1957 Officers Model Match.

Full disclosure: I'm not at my double-action best with any Colt revolver, my trigger finger, being long accustomed to the Smith & Wesson K and N Frame guns.

Hi Dr. Mordo; I'm the merest of neophytes when compared to some of the heavy hitters to be found here on Smith & Wesson Forum or over on Colt Forum.

Poor Muddyboot. We've done sent his thread, which is about his fine "bi'ness-like" custom .41 Long Colt, straight into the ditch. And a fine .41 it is too.

Love .41 Long Colt! As a fantasy revolver notion of mine, it'd be a hoot for Colt to make a run of .41 Long Colt Pythons since the Python frame was an outgrowth of the old ".41 frame" Colt E-Frame. While we're at it, how about a five-shot .41 Long Colt chambered Detective Special?

There's a reason why I'm not consulted for marketing ideas.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: