View Single Post

Old 07-10-2018, 01:06 PM

Liked 9,429 Times in 4,226 Posts

ZOMBIE THREAD WARNING: When I finally got everything together and measured, it turned out that the barrel was a wide rib type after all... on the K-32, the rib was not quite as wide as on its 38 cal brethren, but wider than the older "narrow rib" version. A look at original Model 16-3s shows a little step at the front face of the receiver down to the rib width. So, back to Plan A with the solid old Model 14-3, gather up everything else, and head to the gunsmith.

All of the above came to completion in this past November and I made a conscious effort to essentially put the whole thing out of mind. Flash forward to this morning when I got a call from my gunsmith telling me that with the exception of a little blue touch up on the rear face of the cylinder, it's done. I'll be able to pick it up Friday afternoon. From what he said on the phone, everything went as planned and when he test fired it off the bags he was getting 1 1/2" groups at 25 yards with standard R-P factory round nose ammo (lead bullets.) No shake, no rattle, sights centered, etc, etc. Works for me!

(Cue the music) "ANTICIPA-ATION..."
The Following 5 Users Like Post: