View Single Post

Old 07-10-2018, 01:29 PM
US Veteran

Liked 503 Times in 162 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pisgah View Post
So, evidently you are not only opposed to states being able to decide for themselves, you also oppose a majority being able to vote their will.
Please do not put words in my mouth. WHERE above did I speak against State's Rights? Where did I say I am against a majority voting it's will? The answer is nowhere.

But, the people do not write the laws. At State level, it is 'elected' representatives. At Municipality levels it is often small boards, or for big cities 'elected' representatives.

All, I pointed out was that there ARE situations, where one large population center can rule those state votes, because of the vast majority of representatives they have compared to the rest of the state. EVEN when those elected representatives are legitimately voted in, that can lead to some democratically, legally created laws that really don't represent a barely minority of the people, as often urban and rural areas have vastly different wants, needs and viewpoints.

BUT, when they are corruptly elected, and done so to facilitate an even smaller groups agenda, it is bad. This is my point. I have very little ability to affect elections outside my district/area.
The Following User Likes This Post: