View Single Post

Old 07-10-2018, 03:04 PM

Liked 3,927 Times in 2,366 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy2525 View Post
It stopped being a fist fight when he was on the ground and they started kicking him in the head. At that point it became a deadly assault.

When my now middle age daughter was a senior in high school, one of her friends was murdered in a nice suburban neighborhood about 9 pm. High school party. Three kids, not from the neighborhood, attacked him in the street. The kid was pretty athletic, but not a match for three. They got him on the ground and stomped his head in. People called 911, but no one intervened. The attackers were gone and he was dead by the time the sheriff got there. Attackers were never caught.

I may end up being the dumb ***** you read about that gets killed trying to help a guy getting his head stomped on. I hope I’m never the guy you read about that could have helped and didn’t.

That’s just me.
You missed the point. You wade into the frey, it is still a fist fight, no weapons. You pull a gun, shoot someone unarmed, maybe another, you will have a difficult time with self defense use of deadly force, it is still hands & feet. Yes I am totally aware that many people are killed with hands & feet but that is still a no gun situation until it isn't. Way too many what ifs when you do NOT see it all happen.
That is the fine line you have to walk. if it's me, I know where the line is drawn. If it is someone else, unless I can see the entire thing go down, I am likely NOT wading into a situation where I end up killing a person because that is what it will take to stop some of those ugly hands & feet situations. JMO.
Don't carry into a bar. Don't drink & carry. Your life will be a whole lot safer & easier. If you want a good life lesson in making the wrong decisions for the wrong reasons, read up on Zimmerman.

Last edited by fredj338; 07-10-2018 at 03:06 PM.