View Single Post

Old 07-11-2018, 07:21 AM

Liked 9,020 Times in 3,193 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoc9sw View Post
I've never purchased Armscor ammo, but it may not be SAAMI certified. The warranty will likely void if you admit to using reloads, reman, or non-SAAMI spec ammo.

From the manual I found online:

Use only commercially manufactured ammunition with internal ballistic pressures which are in strict accordance with the specifications of the Sporting Arms and Ammunition Manufacturers’ Institute (SAAMI). If you are uncertain, contact your ammunition supplier for verification.
I just checked the SAAMI site and Armscor is listed as a supporting member. So that tells me that Armscor sells SAAMI compliant ammunition. And off the Armscor website, I found the following statement: "ARMSCOR, an ISO 9001 Certified Company, complies with the SAAMI, CIP and other military or customer desired standards or requirements."

To me, it sounds like that rep on the phone was feeding you a line of poo and trying to get S&W off the hook for fixing their worthless revolver. I would escalate this into court if needed. It's not like you told them you fed it reloads or something else that dopesn't meet their ammunition criteria.